At Buena Vista Resort, we focus on outdoor splendor, but if you want to get indoors we have a 1225 sq ft Lodge building and are fully equipped with the following:
- Salon and Spa facility
- Laundry room with 2 pair coin operated machines
- Bath house with 5 private shower rooms
- Free WiFi Hotspots
We will offer many activities at the resort for any age or gender. Most of these activities involve the entire family! At Buena Vista Resort, you can look forward to participating in the following:
- Paddle Boating
- Canoeing (Always wear a life vest when on the water)
- Fishing in 2 lakes with Catfish, Bluegill, Bass, Crappie
- Mountain Bike Trails
- Hiking in woods or asphalt roadway
- Massages (Appointment only/Additional cost)
- Hair cuts, manicures and pedicures by appointment
- Special events planned in Lodge
- Large Kid’s climbing toy, a ship and a castle
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Dodgeball and Basketball courts
- Horse shoe court
Creek side and wooded area walks
We are centrally located for many area attractions. Springfield, IL offers a full day of activities related to President Lincoln, about a 45 minute drive.
Hannibal, Mo is the setting for Mark Twain’s folk lore, less than 1 hour drive.
St. Louis is 1.5 hours drive.
Our own Jacksonville offers many interesting historic features. Further information is available at www.jacksonvilleil.org and www.lincolninjacksonville.com.
- The Governor Duncan Home, sustained by the NSDAR.
- Woodlawn Farm Underground Railroad farm site.
- A walking tour of the historic neighborhood and architecture.
- Walldog murals
- Splash Park
- Public swimming pools in Jacksonville and Winchester