Buena Vista is a rural campground. The digital communication profile potential then, matches what one would expect of a rural location. In this challenging camping time period, it has become evident that the specifications of this profile have become relevant to people who may be camping for some other reason than pleasure alone. Examples of classes of people who might need to know more about this are those who are telecommuting or working in some capacity remotely.
First of all, Verizon cellphones do not work in this area reliably. Therefore, if you have a Verizon cellphone and you plan to use data, you will likely be disappointed in your experience. There are other cell phone providers in this area that work well which can be deduced by checking with the local cell phone companies present.
Secondly, the internet connectivity here is rural, though there have been discussions regarding a potential fiber backbone. At the moment, our internet is fed wirelessly and so the total throughput is commensurate with that form of internet connection.
We have the ability to accommodate video conferencing and home schooling to an extent. However with all the potential RV spots and rentable areas, we do not have the ability to accommodate HD movies such as on Netflix, or games such as Xbox heavy graphics.
If you have a special use case contact us and let us know. If you need special accommodation for a reasonable fee we can probably assist you with your situation. By default, we provide basic connectivity for email and web browsing. To access our network, you will need the passwords and usernames we provide.
Our network use policy follows for your convenience in considering our campground:
Buena Vista Campground makes free wireless Internet access available for our registered guests. In order to ensure the availability of this service for present and future guests, these rules shall be enforced and considered agreed to upon logging on to Buena Vista’s network.
Buena Vista Campground reserves the right to disclose your communications and activities using the WiFi system, whether in response to media outlets or to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests and judicial orders. Any and all legal expenses incurred by Buena Vista Campgrounds resulting from failure to follow Access User Policy(AUP) guidelines will be borne by the user responsible for the infraction. Additionally, failure to follow the AUP will result in cancellation of your reservation with no refund issued.
Buena Vista Campgrounds reserves the right to restrict or terminate service at any time, with or without notice, for any reason including, but not limited to, a violation of this policy. Buena Vista Campground makes no warranted regarding the speed, availability or security of the WiFi service and accepts no liability for damages resulting from your use of the service or inability to access the service.
Please read the following information carefully.
The Buena Vista Campgrounds WiFi service MAY NOT be used for transmitting (sending or receiving) any of the following of for any of the following activities:
1. Transmitting any material that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party, or is otherwise protected from unauthorized duplication or transmission;
2. Transmitting any material that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of someone’s privacy, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
3. Transmitting material that contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, chain letters, or correspondence that would be considered “spam”;
4. Transmitting material that contains software viruses or other harmful computer code
5. Forging an email header to obscure the originator of the message;
6. Harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
7. Interfering with or disrupting the use of the service for other guests, either by design or due to unusually high bandwidth usage;
8. Stalking or harassing another or collecting personal data about a third party without their knowledge or consent;
9. Any other activity which would violate local, state or federal statutes;
It is important to Buena Vista Campground that all guests enjoy internet. In addition to the above stipulations, due to current internet limitations, the following must also be observed:
1. No streaming large HD videos such as Netflix. These are “data heavy” and jam the network.
2. Keep usage as low as possible. If your task uses large amounts of data, please wait until you get home.
3. Be mindful of the conditions of the network and the people who are on it around you. If you see ten people all trying to get on the internet, wait until later or keep your own data needs very small.
We hope if you choose to be our guest at Buena Vista that you have an enjoyable visit!