At Buena Vista Campground we focus on outdoor splendor and a peaceful quiet retreat.
The Common Building : This quaint cabin is the hub of the campground, near playground, bath house and laundry.
There is a recliner and game table, with various puzzles and table games, Dish TV and Wi Fi hotspot. We are in a rural setting so we can only offer Wi Fi at hotspot currently with the hope of expanding that to complete camp coverage in the future.
There is also a weight bench and exercise bike.
This is where you can meet our Masseuse or Reflexologist to melt away aches and pains and further relax.
The Bath House has 4 private bathrooms offering shower, sink, toilet, mirror and ceiling fan.
The Laundry Room has 2 sets of coin operated Washer and Dryer,
- Basket ball court or curtains for Dodge ball court
- Horse shoes pit
- Corn Hole, Croquet and other lawn games
- Hiking trails in the wooded area with wild flowers
- Biking on asphalt surface roads or on trails
- Large kids climbing Castle and Ship with swings
Two Lakes are kept clean by the pair of Mute Swan. We DO NOT offer swimming, and there is no life guard on duty. Boating is available at no extra charge, with adult supervision. The fishing is great!
- Fishing with Catfish, Bluegill, Bass and Crappie. No Illinois license is required on our private property. No fishing with minnows, artificial bait is preferred.
- Paddle Boating
- Canoeing (Always wear a life vest when on the water)
- Fishing in 2 lakes with Catfish, Bluegill, Bass, Crappie
- Mountain Bike Trails
- Hiking in woods or asphalt roadway
- Large Kid’s climbing toy, a ship and a castle
Creek side and wooded hiking trails
We are centrally located for many area attractions. Springfield, IL offers a full day of activities related to President Lincoln, about a 45 minute drive.
Hannibal, Mo is the setting for Mark Twain’s folk lore, less than 1 hour drive.
St. Louis is 1.5 hours drive.
Our own Jacksonville offers many interesting historic features. Further information is available at www.jacksonvilleil.org and www.lincolninjacksonville.com.
- The Governor Duncan Home, sustained by the NSDAR.
- Woodlawn Farm Underground Railroad farm site.
- A walking tour of the historic neighborhood and architecture.
- Walldog murals
- Splash Park
- Public swimming pools in Jacksonville and Winchester