At Buena Vista Campground we focus on outdoor splendor and a peaceful quiet retreat.
- Basket ball court
- Horse shoes pit
- Corn Hole, Croquet and other lawn games
- Biking on asphalt surface roads or on trails
- Hiking in woods or asphalt roadway
- Large kids climbing Castle and Ship with swings
Creek side and wooded hiking trails
- Hiking trails in the wooded area with wild flowers
- Fishing in 2 lakes with Catfish, Bluegill, Bass, Crappie
Two Lakes are kept clean by the pair of Mute Swan. We DO NOT offer swimming, and there is no life guard on duty. Boating is available at no extra charge, with adult supervision. The fishing is great!
- Fishing with Catfish, Bluegill, Bass and Crappie. No Illinois license is required on our private property. No fishing with minnows
- Paddle Boating
- Canoeing (Always wear a life vest when on the water)
We are centrally located for many area attractions. Springfield, IL offers a full day of activities related to President Lincoln, about a 45 minute drive.
Hannibal, Mo is the setting for Mark Twain’s folk lore, less than 1 hour drive.
St. Louis is 1.5 hours drive.
Our own Jacksonville offers many interesting historic features. Further information is available at www.jacksonvilleil.org and www.lincolninjacksonville.com.
- The Governor Duncan Home, sustained by the NSDAR.
- Woodlawn Farm Underground Railroad farm site.
- A walking tour of the historic neighborhood and architecture.
- Walldog murals
- Splash Park
- Public swimming pools in Jacksonville and Winchester