Buena Vista is a rural campground. The digital communication profile matches what one would expect of a rural location.
AT&T is the primary cell service provider in the area. Verizon has recently came to the area, but there are still large voids of “no service” areas for verizon.
Secondly, the internet here is rural satellite based internet, when it is working at its best it is comparable to dial up speeds with speeds <25MB/s. If you require an consistent quick internet connection we recommend bringing a hotspot with you.
Our network use policy follows for your convenience in considering our campground:
Buena Vista Campground makes free wireless Internet access available for our registered guests. In order to ensure the availability of this service for present and future guests, these rules shall be enforced and considered agreed to upon logging on to Buena Vista’s network.
Buena Vista Campground reserves the right to disclose your communications and activities using the WiFi system, whether in response to media outlets or to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests and judicial orders. Any and all legal expenses incurred by Buena Vista Campgrounds resulting from failure to follow Access User Policy(AUP) guidelines will be borne by the user responsible for the infraction. Additionally, failure to follow the AUP will result in cancellation of your reservation with no refund issued.
Buena Vista Campgrounds reserves the right to restrict or terminate service at any time, with or without notice, for any reason including, but not limited to, a violation of this policy. Buena Vista Campground makes no warranted regarding the speed, availability or security of the WiFi service and accepts no liability for damages resulting from your use of the service or inability to access the service.
Please read the following information carefully.
The Buena Vista Campgrounds WiFi service MAY NOT be used for transmitting (sending or receiving) any of the following of for any of the following activities:
1. Transmitting any material that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party, or is otherwise protected from unauthorized duplication or transmission;
2. Transmitting any material that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of someone’s privacy, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
3. Transmitting material that contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, chain letters, or correspondence that would be considered “spam”;
4. Transmitting material that contains software viruses or other harmful computer code
5. Forging an email header to obscure the originator of the message;
6. Harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
7. Interfering with or disrupting the use of the service for other guests, either by design or due to unusually high bandwidth usage;
8. Stalking or harassing another or collecting personal data about a third party without their knowledge or consent;
9. Any other activity which would violate local, state or federal statutes;
It is important to Buena Vista Campground that all guests enjoy internet. In addition to the above stipulations, due to current internet limitations, the following must also be observed:
1. No streaming large HD videos such as Netflix. These are “data heavy” and jam the network.
2. Keep usage as low as possible. If your task uses large amounts of data, please wait until you get home.
3. Be mindful of the conditions of the network and the people who are on it around you. If you see ten people all trying to get on the internet, wait until later or keep your own data needs very small.
We hope if you choose to be our guest at Buena Vista that you have an enjoyable visit!